Subject: [bug#30420] [PATCH 0/1] union: Wrap collisions with newlines.

From: Oleg Pykhalov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2018 11:33:17 +0300

>From 81ec3bdebe338ff72e3e963698e96ba4d760d582 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Oleg Pykhalov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2018 11:20:39 +0300
Subject: [PATCH 0/1] union: Wrap collisions with newlines.

Hello Guix,

This patch makes “collision encountered” warnings aligned using newlines
instead of spaces between collisioned items:
--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
warning: collision encountered:
/gnu/store/0wq9xddbgv3y959dhk0njasbi8zr4d8a-gtk+-3.22.21/share/icons/hicolor/icon-theme.cache
/gnu/store/0712rfcnbymvc5m8n1618gil2j9cb081-inkscape-0.92.2/share/icons/hicolor/icon-theme.cache
warning: arbitrarily choosing /gnu/store/0wq9xddbgv3y959dhk0njasbi8zr4d8a-gtk+-3.22.21/share/icons/hicolor/icon-theme.cache
36511 entries processed in 17.6 s
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Also another newline separates warnings:
--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
$ /home/natsu/src/guix/pre-inst-env guix package -i hello
…

warning: collision encountered:
/gnu/store/0wq9xddbgv3y959dhk0njasbi8zr4d8a-gtk+-3.22.21/share/icons/hicolor/icon-theme.cache
/gnu/store/0712rfcnbymvc5m8n1618gil2j9cb081-inkscape-0.92.2/share/icons/hicolor/icon-theme.cache
warning: arbitrarily choosing /gnu/store/0wq9xddbgv3y959dhk0njasbi8zr4d8a-gtk+-3.22.21/share/icons/hicolor/icon-theme.cache

warning: collision encountered:
/gnu/store/hhag6wxjcmh4cvv20r2g9myjlnw2lrxx-gtk-icon-themes/share/icons/hicolor/icon-theme.cache
/gnu/store/0wq9xddbgv3y959dhk0njasbi8zr4d8a-gtk+-3.22.21/share/icons/hicolor/icon-theme.cache
/gnu/store/0712rfcnbymvc5m8n1618gil2j9cb081-inkscape-0.92.2/share/icons/hicolor/icon-theme.cache
warning: arbitrarily choosing /gnu/store/hhag6wxjcmh4cvv20r2g9myjlnw2lrxx-gtk-icon-themes/share/icons/hicolor/icon-theme.cache
…
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Without patch:
--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
$ guix package -i hello
…
warning: collision encountered: /gnu/store/0wq9xddbgv3y959dhk0njasbi8zr4d8a-gtk+-3.22.21/share/icons/hicolor/icon-theme.cache /gnu/store/0712rfcnbymvc5m8n1618gil2j9cb081-inkscape-0.92.2/share/icons/hicolor/icon-theme.cache 
warning: arbitrarily choosing /gnu/store/0wq9xddbgv3y959dhk0njasbi8zr4d8a-gtk+-3.22.21/share/icons/hicolor/icon-theme.cache
warning: collision encountered: /gnu/store/nsjg1i5f6amwwqh14k55gj8p72yknxgw-gtk-icon-themes/share/icons/hicolor/icon-theme.cache /gnu/store/0wq9xddbgv3y959dhk0njasbi8zr4d8a-gtk+-3.22.21/share/icons/hicolor/icon-theme.cache /gnu/store/0712rfcnbymvc5m8n1618gil2j9cb081-inkscape-0.92.2/share/icons/hicolor/icon-theme.cache 
warning: arbitrarily choosing /gnu/store/nsjg1i5f6amwwqh14k55gj8p72yknxgw-gtk-icon-themes/share/icons/hicolor/icon-theme.cache
…
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Oleg Pykhalov (1):
  union: Wrap collisions with newlines.

 guix/build/union.scm | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

-- 
2.15.1