Subject: Re: 23.0.92; display-visual class doc

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 16:37:08 +0200

"Drew Adams" <[email-masked]> writes:

> The doc does not explain what the possible values mean. There are no
> other occurrences of the various values (e.g. `static-color') in the
> Elisp manual or other doc strings (that I can find) than what is said
> about `display-visual-class'.

I've now changed the section to this:

@defun display-visual-class &optional display
This function returns the visual class for the screen.  The value is
one of the symbols @code{static-gray} (a limited, unchangeable number
of grays), @code{gray-scale} (a full range of grays),
@code{static-color} (a limited, unchangeable number of colors),
@code{pseudo-color} (a limited number of colors), @code{true-color} (a
full range of colors), and @code{direct-color} (a full range of
colors).
@end defun

I think that's probably somewhat correct, although I'm not sure what
`pseudo-color' really is.  Anybody?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
  bloggy blog http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no/