Subject: Re: [bug#30411] [PATCH] gnu: ldc: Update to 1.7.0.

From: Danny Milosavljevic <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2018 10:47:20 +0100

Hi Pjotr,

On Sun, 18 Feb 2018 22:41:10 +0100
Pjotr Prins <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Danny, do you mind fixing. I am on the road and would like to get it
> into the new release.

Sure, no problem.

But building ldc 0.17.4 I get phobos datetime test failures.
Not sure why - because as you've written it, ctest shouldn't have tested phobos.

Also, ldc 1.7 does use phobos.  I determined this as follows:
I removed phobos-src from ldc-bootstrap, then used the resulting ldc-bootstrap
to build ldc 1.7.  It failed.  I tried to excise phobos users from it but gave up.

(Even ldc 1.1 used std.datetime during building)

So I reverted the "check" phase.

Also, ldc 1.7.0 test failure on the X200 laptop:

sh: line 1: 16660 Illegal instruction     /tmp/guix-build-ldc-1.7.0.drv-0/build/dmd-testsuite-debug/runnable/test_cdvecfill_1 > /tmp/guix-build-ldc-1.7.0.drv-0/build/dmd-testsuite-debug/1d696d6e3478bf73e2aaef0f8b23bba98e05e3cd74f80b02330a43bd3d2595a3 2>&1
 ... runnable/test_cdvecfill.d      -O (-mcpu=avx -mcpu=avx2) -conf=/tmp/guix-build-ldc-1.7.0.drv-0/build/bin/ldc2.conf -g -link-debuglib 
Test failed.  The logged output:
/tmp/guix-build-ldc-1.7.0.drv-0/build/bin/ldmd2 -conf= -m64 -Irunnable -O  -od/tmp/guix-build-ldc-1.7.0.drv-0/build/dmd-testsuite-debug/runnable -of/tmp/guix-build-ldc-1.7.0.drv-0/build/dmd-testsuite-debug/runnable/test_cdvecfill_0 runnable/test_cdvecfill.d
/tmp/guix-build-ldc-1.7.0.drv-0/build/dmd-testsuite-debug/runnable/test_cdvecfill_0

/tmp/guix-build-ldc-1.7.0.drv-0/build/bin/ldmd2 -conf= -m64 -Irunnable -O -mcpu=avx -od/tmp/guix-build-ldc-1.7.0.drv-0/build/dmd-testsuite-debug/runnable -of/tmp/guix-build-ldc-1.7.0.drv-0/build/dmd-testsuite-debug/runnable/test_cdvecfill_1 runnable/test_cdvecfill.d
/tmp/guix-build-ldc-1.7.0.drv-0/build/dmd-testsuite-debug/runnable/test_cdvecfill_1

Which is understandable because the X200 laptop doesn't have AVX.

It's building another round now - let's see.