Subject: Re: [bug#30410] [PATCH 2/2] doc: Document the --manifest option for guix pack.

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2018 15:24:00 +0100

Konrad Hinsen <[email-masked]> skribis:

> * doc/guix.texi (Invoking guix pack): Document --manifest.

I’ve squashed this one with the patch that adds the code, so the commit
is self-contained.

> +@item --manifest=@var{file}
> +@itemx -m @var{file}
> +Use the packages contained in the manifest object
> +returned by the Scheme code in @var{file}.
> +
> +This has a similar purpose as the same-named option in @command{guix
> +package} (@pxref{profile-manifest, @option{--manifest}}) and uses the
> +same manifest files. It allows you to define a collection of packages
> +once and use it both for creating profiles and for creating archives
> +for use on machines that do not have Guix installed. Note that you can
> +specify @emph{either} a manifest file @emph{or} a list of packages,
> +but not both.

On second thought, I wonder if we should allow both -m and a list of
packages.  After all, ‘guix package’ supports it, and it doesn’t cost us
anything.  WDYT?

Thanks!

Ludo’.