Subject: bug#30401: gitolite some important hooks not working

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2018 12:52:00 +0000

A paste that lost its formatting but speaks for itself:

Counting objects: 4, done.
Delta compression using up to 4 threads.
Compressing objects: 100% (3/3), done.
Writing objects: 100% (4/4), 1.03 KiB | 1.03 MiB/s, done.
Total 4 (delta 0), reused 0 (delta 0)
remote: Can't locate Data/Dumper.pm in @INC (you may need to
install the Data::Dumper module) (@INC contains:
/gnu/store/v3k3dmkdaz3giap6ir06dj12sid42086-gitolite-3.6.6/share/gitolite/lib
/home/git/.guix-profile/lib/perl5/site_perl /etc/perl
/usr/local/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.24.1
/usr/local/share/perl/5.24.1 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl5/5.24
/usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.24
/usr/share/perl/5.24 /usr/local/lib/site_perl
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl-base .) at
/gnu/store/v3k3dmkdaz3giap6ir06dj12sid42086-gitolite-3.6.6/share/gitolite/lib/Gitolite/Common.pm
line 65.
remote: BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/gnu/store/v3k3dmkdaz3giap6ir06dj12sid42086-gitolite-3.6.6/share/gitolite/lib/Gitolite/Common.pm
line 65.
remote: Compilation failed in require at
/gnu/store/v3k3dmkdaz3giap6ir06dj12sid42086-gitolite-3.6.6/share/gitolite/lib/Gitolite/Rc.pm
line 25.
remote: BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/gnu/store/v3k3dmkdaz3giap6ir06dj12sid42086-gitolite-3.6.6/share/gitolite/lib/Gitolite/Rc.pm
line 25.
remote: Compilation failed in require at
/gnu/store/v3k3dmkdaz3giap6ir06dj12sid42086-gitolite-3.6.6/share/gitolite/lib/Gitolite/Hooks/Update.pm
line 13.
remote: BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/gnu/store/v3k3dmkdaz3giap6ir06dj12sid42086-gitolite-3.6.6/share/gitolite/lib/Gitolite/Hooks/Update.pm
line 13.
remote: Compilation failed in require at hooks/update line 7.
remote: BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at hooks/update line 7.
remote: error: hook declined to update refs/heads/master
To snow.crash.cx:gitolite-admin
 ! [remote rejected] master -> master (hook declined)
 error: failed to push some refs to
 [email-masked]:gitolite-admin'

Installing the module + perl into the profile didn't help either.
There's a service NixOS provides which we could replicate, but
for now I have a crash recovery to make and would like to get
gitolite up and running. Ideas, input, even small hacks welcome.

guix package -l:
Generation 1    Feb 09 2018 13:28:26
  perl-data-dumper-concise      2.023   out
  /gnu/store/fckd34g3njmjc8yl4vk3hkqj5cbv9mvj-perl-data-dumper-concise-2.023

Generation 2    Feb 09 2018 13:32:57    (current)
 + perl 5.26.0  out
 /gnu/store/9g4fpfz86vjkx83v5696vm5dzg2sc9qj-perl-5.26.0

 env:
 DICPATH=/home/git/.guix-profile/share/hunspell:/run/current-system/profile/share/hunspell
 LANG=en_US.UTF-8
 GTK_DATA_PREFIX=/run/current-system/profile
 GST_PLUGIN_PATH=/home/git/.guix-profile/lib/gstreamer-1.0
 GIT_SSL_CAINFO=/run/current-system/profile/etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt
 LINUX_MODULE_DIRECTORY=/run/booted-system/kernel/lib/modules
 GUILE_LOAD_COMPILED_PATH=/run/current-system/profile/lib/guile/2.2/site-ccache:/run/current-system/profile/share/guile/site/2.2
 USER=git
 TZDIR=/gnu/store/bzj472nmnnj5hcfd5yvfiqip1wzw84p9-tzdata-2017b/share/zoneinfo
 GUIX_LOCPATH=/run/current-system/locale
 PWD=/home/git
 HOME=/home/git
 XDG_DATA_DIRS=/home/git/.guix-profile/share:/run/current-system/profile/share
 SSL_CERT_FILE=/etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt
 GIT_EXEC_PATH=/run/current-system/profile/libexec/git-core
 SHELL=/gnu/store/ars9lm9jk9hgdifg0gqvf1jrvz5mdg1j-bash-4.4.12/bin/bash
 TERM=st-256color
 PERL5LIB=/home/git/.guix-profile/lib/perl5/site_perl
 SHLVL=1
 MANPATH=/run/current-system/profile/share/man:/home/git/.guix-profile/share/man:/run/current-system/profile/share/man
 SSL_CERT_DIR=/etc/ssl/certs
 BASH_LOADABLES_PATH=/run/current-system/profile/lib/bash
 LOGNAME=git
 GUILE_LOAD_PATH=/run/current-system/profile/share/guile/site/2.2
 XDG_CONFIG_DIRS=/home/git/.guix-profile/etc/xdg:/run/current-system/profile/etc/xdg
 DBUS_FATAL_WARNINGS=0
 PATH=/home/git/.guix-profile/bin:/run/setuid-programs:/run/current-system/profile/bin:/run/current-system/profile/sbin
 INFOPATH=/run/current-system/profile/share/info:/home/git/.guix-profile/share/info:/run/current-system/profile/share/info
 XCURSOR_PATH=/home/git/.icons:/home/git/.guix-profile/share/icons:/run/current-system/profile/share/icons
 _=/run/current-system/profile/bin/env
-- 
ng0 :: https://crash.cx
A88C8ADD129828D7EAC02E52E22F9BBFEE348588 :: https://crash.cx/keys/