Subject: bug#30397: Random numbers in grep mode-line

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2018 15:45:04 -0500

[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

  > >       While compilation proceeds, the mode line is updated to show the
  > >     number of errors, warnings, and informational messages that have been
  > >     seen so far.

That has a gratuitous passive verb.
This text avoids that and is clearer in other ways.

======================================================================
  The mode line displays and updates the number of errors, number of
warnings, and number of informational messages emitted by compilation.
======================================================================

Would someone please install this and ack?

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation (https://gnu.org, https://fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (https://internethalloffame.org)
Skype: No way! See https://stallman.org/skype.html.