Subject: Re: bug#30395: ‘gcc’ doesn't compile with LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$HOME/.guix-profile/lib"

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2018 14:51:14 +0100

Mathieu Lirzin <[email-masked]> skribis:

> [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès) writes:
>
>> Mathieu Lirzin <[email-masked]> skribis:
>>
>>> 13061 open("/gnu/store/38kr8xi7nib8rx8xr4gi0w0d8knyca3k-glibc-2.25/share/locale/locale.alias", O_RDONLY|O_CLOEXEC) = 3
>>> 13061 fstat(3, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0444, st_size=2997, ...}) = 0
>>> 13061 read(3, "# Locale name alias data base.\n# Copyright (C)
>>> 1996-2017 Free Software Foundation, Inc.\n#\n# This program is free
>>> software; you can redistribute it and/or modify\n# it under the
>>> terms of the GNU General Public License as published by\n# the Free
>>> Software Foundation; either version 2, or (at your option)\n# any
>>> later version.\n#\n# This program is distributed in the hope that it
>>> will be useful,\n# but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the
>>> implied warranty of\n# MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
>>> PURPOSE.  See the\n# GNU General Public License for more
>>> details.\n#\n# You should have received a copy of the GNU General
>>> Public License\n# along with this program; if not, see
>>> <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.\n\n# The format of this file is the
>>> same as for the corresponding file of\n# the X Window System, which
>>> normally can be found in\n#\t/usr/lib/X11/locale/locale.alias\n# A
>>> single line contains two fields: an alias and a substitution
>>> value.\n# All entries are case independent.\n\n# Note: This file is
>>> o"..., 4096) = 2997
>>> 13061 read(3, "", 4096)                 = 0
>>> 13061 close(3)                          = 0
>>> 13061 open("/run/current-system/locale/2.25/fr_FR.utf8/LC_IDENTIFICATION", O_RDONLY|O_CLOEXEC) = 3
>>> 13061 fstat(3, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0444, st_size=299, ...}) = 0
>>> 13061 mmap(NULL, 299, PROT_READ, MAP_PRIVATE, 3, 0) = 0x7f726d164000
>>> 13061 close(3)                          = 0
>>> 13061 open("/gnu/store/38kr8xi7nib8rx8xr4gi0w0d8knyca3k-glibc-2.25/lib/gconv/gconv-modules.cache", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
>>> 13061 open("/gnu/store/5x9zxdmxphmprlchfl3a2y8w5ykcwkjc-glibc-2.25/lib/gconv/gconv-modules", O_RDONLY|O_CLOEXEC) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
>>
>> How come this ‘gconv-modules’ file doesn’t exist?  I have it here.
>> I have:
>>
>> $ guix hash -r /gnu/store/5x9zxdmxphmprlchfl3a2y8w5ykcwkjc-glibc-2.25
>> 03la0p9pigf6r33px5nckky9fxvrynvw1fgn9v2l04zlys7k3k2y
>> $ wget -q -O - https://berlin.guixsd.org/5x9zxdmxphmprlchfl3a2y8w5ykcwkjc.narinfo | grep NarHash
>> NarHash: sha256:03la0p9pigf6r33px5nckky9fxvrynvw1fgn9v2l04zlys7k3k2y
>>
>>
>> What about you?
>
> $ guix hash -r /gnu/store/5x9zxdmxphmprlchfl3a2y8w5ykcwkjc-glibc-2.25
> guix hash: error: lstat: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type: "/gnu/store/5x9zxdmxphmprlchfl3a2y8w5ykcwkjc-glibc-2.25"
>
> There is no corresponding store item, so it seems logical that the
> ‘gconv-modules’ are not found.  :-) 

Oh!  Now your mission, if you accept it, will be to find where that
5x9zxdmxphmprlchfl3a2y8w5ykcwkjc-glibc-2.25 comes from.  Perhaps what
would help is to diff the “good” and the “bad” strace logs.

>> Can you try ‘guix gc --verify’?
>
> $ guix gc --verify
> reading the Nix store...
> checking path existence...
>
> $ guix gc --verify=contents
> reading the Nix store...
> checking path existence...
> checking hashes...
>
> What does it mean doctor?  Is that cancer?

Everything’s alright, the store is not corrupt, but something else is
amiss.

Thanks,
Ludo’.