Subject: bug#30390: closed (Re: [PATCH 0/3] Update cmake.)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2018 06:26:02 +0000

Your bug report

#30390: [PATCH 0/3] Update cmake to 3.10.2.

which was filed against the guix-patches package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
30390: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=30390
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/3] Update cmake.
From: Arun Isaac <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2018 11:55:12 +0530
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Pushed to core-updates!

Subject: [PATCH 0/3] Update cmake to 3.10.2.
From: Arun Isaac <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Arun Isaac <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2018 17:43:23 +0530
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Looks like we have missed several releases of cmake. I have upgraded to
3.10.2, the latest release.

About the jsoncpp circular dependency:

jsoncpp upstream has switched from the cmake build system to the meson build
system. So, the circular dependency can now be avoided. I was able to
successfully build jsoncpp with our meson-build-system. However, cmake failed
to build with this new jsoncpp. I couldn't figure out how to proceed. So, I
abandoned that effort, and left cmake to use its bundled jsoncpp.

About the bundled libuv:

The cmake build fails if the bundled libuv is deleted (look at the
snippet). I had to avoid deleting it for the build to work.

Arun Isaac (3):
  gnu: Add rhash.
  gnu: libuv: Update to 1.19.1.
  gnu: cmake: Update to 3.10.2.

 gnu/local.mk                               |   1 -
 gnu/packages/cmake.scm                     | 153 ++++++++++++++++-------------
 gnu/packages/crypto.scm                    |  50 ++++++++++
 gnu/packages/libevent.scm                  |  20 ++--
 gnu/packages/patches/cmake-fix-tests.patch | 120 ----------------------
 5 files changed, 143 insertions(+), 201 deletions(-)
 delete mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/cmake-fix-tests.patch

-- 
2.15.1