Subject: Re: [bug#31989] vim-build-system

From: Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2021 11:28:10 +0200

On Sun, Nov 28, 2021 at 09:23:30AM +0000, Foo Chuan Wei wrote:
> On 2021-11-26 13:13:38 +0200, Efraim Flashner wrote:
> > We do pretty well with the copy-build-system, with the occasional extra
> > phase(s).
> 
> But the help tags files (`:help helptags`) are not generated when using
> the copy-build-system. Help tag files should be generated during the
> build phase for Vim plugins, because the user cannot generate help tags
> after plugin installation. The user does not have permission to modify
> anything in ~/.guix-profile/share/vim/vimfiles/, so `:helptags
> ~/.guix-profile/share/vim/vimfiles/` will fail.

I'm a bit rusty on the help tags. I thought they would all clober each
other if they were built during the package building, since they all
have the same name and we can only install one, but if we built them as
a profile hook then they'd all be able to co-exist.

Thoughts?

-- 
Efraim Flashner   <[email-masked]>   רנשלפ םירפא
GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D  14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351
Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted