Subject: [bug#30371] [PATCH] system: Add Cubieboard2.

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2018 14:55:35 +0100

Hi Danny,

Danny Milosavljevic <[email-masked]> skribis:

> * gnu/bootloader/u-boot.scm (u-boot-cubieboard2-bootloader): New
> exported variable.
> * gnu/packages/bootloaders.scm (u-boot-cubieboard2): New exported
> variable.
> * gnu/system/install.scm (cubieboard2-installation-os): New exported
> variable.

[...]

> +(define u-boot-cubieboard2-bootloader
> +  (bootloader
> +   (inherit u-boot-allwinner-bootloader)
> +   (package u-boot-cubieboard2)))

[...]

> +(define-public u-boot-cubieboard2
> +  (make-u-boot-package "Cubieboard2" "arm-linux-gnueabihf"))

Could you add a few words and a link to a page that describes this
board?

I’m afraid of having a large collection of boards listed there that few
people will even know about.  :-)  Also, were you able to successfully
run GuixSD on this board?

> +(define cubieboard2-installation-os
> +  (embedded-installation-os u-boot-cubieboard2-bootloader
> +                            "/dev/mmcblk0" ; SD card storage
> +                            "ttyS0"))
> +
>  (define nintendo-nes-classic-edition-installation-os
>    (embedded-installation-os u-boot-nintendo-nes-classic-edition-bootloader
>                              "/dev/mmcblk0" ; SD card (solder it yourself)

I’m also unsure we need to have one variable for each possible board.
We are not going to distribute installation images for each of these
boards anyway.

Perhaps it makes sense to have them *if* they are discoverable or listed
in the manual, *and* we provide instructions for people to build their
own installation image for these boards.

Thoughts?

Ludo’.