Subject: Re: bug#30346: lcms.c doesn't compile when lcms.h isn't in default search path

From: Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2018 14:37:40 -0500

severity 30346 minor
quit

On Mon, Feb 5, 2018 at 12:21 PM, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:

>> Does the below work?  (I notice that all of a sudden this bug's severity
>> has been set to "important", although it looks more like it should be
>> "minor" to me.  And I would intend the patch for master, not emacs-26.)
>
> I agree.

> Maybe I'm missing something, but it looks like you effectively renamed
> LIBLCMS2 to LCMS2_LIBS, so now LIBLCMS2 is set, but not used, and the
> part of configure.ac that took care of the MS-Windows build, where
> "-lcms2" should NOT be used at link time, now does nothing useful.
> Right?

Ah, you're right. Also, I think the AC_CHECK_HEADERS/LIB calls I put
wouldn't work without some CFLAGS and LIBS juggling. But I guess
they're redundant anyway unless we start getting reports about
pkg-config of lcms2 being incorrect.

New patch attached (the patch is still against emacs-26 just for
convenience of OP).