Subject: Re: bug#30339: Gnus hangs on: "Cannot find file in ~/Maildir/IMAPBOX/Sent/cur"

From: Bastien Guerry <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2018 13:56:24 +0100

Hi Glenn,

Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> writes:

> Bastien Guerry wrote:
>
>> Ma Gnus v0.14
>> GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 35, i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.18.9)
>>  of 2018-02-01
>
> AFAIK, Gnus hasn't been developed outside of Emacs for some time,
> and the version in Emacs master is the latest version.

Thanks a lot for this answer.  I didn't suspect I could be running an
old version of Gnus, but that was the case.

> The version in Emacs is not "Ma Gnus v0.14", and it doesn't report bugs
> against the "gnus" package (which is how your report arrived at
> debbugs.gnu.org). So probably you should delete whatever standalone Gnus
> version you are using.
>
> (I doubt this has any relevance to your issue.)

I think my issue was twofold: maybe a bug in the previously installed
version of Gnus, and perhaps the slowliness when writing files to the
disc.  I archived many emails from the INBOX I regularily use and I
now use Gnus v5.13 (from Emacs master) and things seem better.

Sadly, I cannot know for sure what was causing the bug.

I will test with the new setup for a while and close the bug if things
are okay.

Thanks,

-- 
 Bastien