Subject: bug#30324: closed (Re: bug#30324: 26.0.91; cd-absolute to tramp directory fails)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2018 10:13:02 +0000

Your bug report

#30324: 26.0.91; cd-absolute to tramp directory fails

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
30324: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=30324
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#30324: 26.0.91; cd-absolute to tramp directory fails
From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
To: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2018 11:12:05 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 26.1

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Could you pls test it? If it works, I propose to push it to the emacs-26
>> branch, because the patch is very simple (we know what we're doing,
>> don't we?), and it cures a regression from Emacs 25.
>> 
>> Eli?
>
> The patch you propose is OK for emacs-26, assuming that it solves the
> issue.

This has been confirmed by the OP.

Pushed to the emacs-26 branch, closing the bug.

> Thanks.

Best regards, Michael.

Subject: 26.0.91; cd-absolute to tramp directory fails
From: Rajeev Narang <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2018 09:40:39 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

When rlogin-directory-tracking-mode is set to t, rlogin directory tracking fails.

This is because (cd-absolute "/USER@HOST:") fails in emacs-26.  The same call succeeds in emacs-25.

In GNU Emacs 26.0.91 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.11)
 of 2018-02-01 built on hp
Repository revision: b90e91ca54d7fd47047edf4d1b9c49268e31e487
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11902000
System Description:	Debian GNU/Linux 9.3 (stretch)

Recent messages:
Entering debugger...
Proceeding, will debug on next eval or call.
Entering debugger...
Back to top level
Auto-saving...done
next-line: End of buffer [7 times]
Canceling debug-on-entry for all functions
Reverting buffer ‘.emacs’.
Wrote /mnt/j0/home/rajeev/.emacs.elc
Type C-x 1 to delete the help window.

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/home/rajeev/tmp/build/emacs --with-modules
 --with-x-toolkit --with-xwidgets 'CPPFLAGS= -I/usr/local/include
 -I/usr/include/dvdnav' 'LDFLAGS= -L/usr/local/lib''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY
ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11
MODULES THREADS XWIDGETS LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Shell

Minor modes in effect:
  semantic-minor-modes-format: ((:eval (if (or semantic-highlight-edits-mode semantic-show-unmatched-syntax-mode)  S)))
  dirtrack-mode: t
  editorconfig-mode: t
  global-semanticdb-minor-mode: t
  global-semantic-idle-scheduler-mode: t
  semantic-mode: t
  erc-list-mode: t
  erc-menu-mode: t
  erc-autojoin-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-pcomplete-mode: t
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-button-mode: t
  erc-fill-mode: t
  erc-stamp-mode: t
  erc-netsplit-mode: t
  erc-notifications-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-services-mode: t
  erc-networks-mode: t
  erc-irccontrols-mode: t
  erc-noncommands-mode: t
  erc-move-to-prompt-mode: t
  erc-readonly-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  buffer-face-mode: t
  jabber-activity-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  xterm-mouse-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  cl-old-struct-compat-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow loadhist ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs emacsbug files-x
tramp-sh tramp-cache completion em-tramp em-rebind em-smart tramp-cmds
em-unix em-term term ehelp em-script em-prompt em-ls em-hist em-pred
em-glob em-dirs em-cmpl em-basic em-banner em-alias esh-var esh-io
esh-cmd esh-opt esh-ext esh-proc esh-arg esh-groups eshell esh-module
esh-mode esh-util pinentry log-view pcvs-util pcase autoload lisp-mnt
eieio-opt speedbar sb-image dframe epa-file epa-dired sh-script smie
tabify man conf-mode debug cl-print help-fns radix-tree term/xterm
xterm bbdb-message mailalias nnir org-duration view cal-iso org-agenda
misearch multi-isearch add-log url-http url-gw url-auth shr-color
color sendmail vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs vc-dir vc
vc-dispatcher gnus-gravatar gravatar url-cache cl-extra sort gnus-cite
qp mm-archive mail-extr gnus-async gnus-bcklg gnus-dup gnus-ml
disp-table midnight dirtrack adoc-mode tempo markup-faces bbdb-anniv
appt utf-7 nnml network-stream nsm bbdb-gnus nnfolder spam spam-stat
hashcash gnus-uu yenc jka-compr editorconfig rx semantic/db-mode
semantic/db eieio-base semantic/idle semantic/format ezimage
semantic/tag-ls semantic/find semantic/ctxt semantic/util-modes
semantic/util semantic semantic/tag semantic/lex semantic/fw
mode-local cedet time server erc-list erc-menu erc-join erc-ring
erc-pcomplete erc-track erc-button erc-fill erc-stamp erc-netsplit
erc-desktop-notifications erc-match printing ps-print
ps-print-loaddefs ps-def lpr rlogin ox-odt rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse
rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-parse nxml-ns nxml-enc xmltok
nxml-util ox-latex ox-icalendar ox-html table ox-ascii ox-publish ox
eww mm-url url-queue url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util shr svg ess-toolbar
ess-mouse mouseme browse-url ess-menu ess-swv ess-noweb
noweb-font-lock-mode ess-bugs-l essd-els ess-sas-d ess-sas-l ess-sas-a
executable ess-arc-d ess-vst-d ess-xls-d ess-lsp-l ess-sta-d ess-sta-l
cc-vars cc-defs make-regexp ess-sp6-d ess-sp5-d ess-sp3-d ess-r-d
ess-r-args assoc ess-s-l ess-inf ess-utils ess-mode noweb-mode ess
ess-custom ess-compat ess-site erc-services erc-networks erc-goodies
erc erc-backend erc-compat el/macros el/cron bitly thingatpt edmacro
kmacro warnings compile time-stamp pp elec-pair cus-edit cus-start
cus-load vc-git diff-mode diary-lib diary-loaddefs face-remap
jabber-gmail jabber-otr json map jabber jabber-notifications
notifications jabber-libnotify dbus jabber-awesome jabber-osd
jabber-wmii jabber-xmessage jabber-festival jabber-sawfish
jabber-ratpoison jabber-tmux jabber-screen jabber-socks5
jabber-ft-server jabber-si-server jabber-ft-client jabber-ft-common
jabber-si-client jabber-si-common jabber-feature-neg jabber-truncate
jabber-time jabber-autoaway jabber-vcard-avatars jabber-chatstates
jabber-events jabber-vcard jabber-avatar jabber-activity jabber-watch
jabber-modeline jabber-ahc-presence jabber-ahc jabber-version
jabber-ourversion jabber-muc-nick-completion hippie-exp jabber-browse
jabber-search jabber-register jabber-roster jabber-presence jabber-muc
jabber-bookmarks jabber-private jabber-muc-nick-coloring hexrgb
jabber-widget jabber-disco jabber-chat jabber-history
jabber-chatbuffer jabber-alert jabber-iq jabber-core jabber-console
sgml-mode dom ewoc jabber-keymap jabber-sasl sasl sasl-anonymous
sasl-login sasl-plain fsm jabber-logon jabber-conn srv dns starttls
jabber-xml xml jabber-menu jabber-util cl tramp tramp-compat
tramp-loaddefs trampver ucs-normalize shell org-element avl-tree
generator org advice org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete pcomplete
org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline easy-mmode
org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle org-src ob-ref ob-lob ob-table
ob-keys ob-exp ob-comint comint ansi-color ring ob-core ob-eval
org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs find-func bbdb-mua bbdb-com crm bbdb
bbdb-site timezone gnus-delay gnus-draft gnus-agent gnus-srvr
gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual nntp gnus-cache gnus-msg gnus-art
mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig mailcap gnus-sum nndraft
nnmh gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap tls gnutls utf7
netrc nnoo parse-time gnus-spec gnus-win nnmail gnus-int gnus-range
mail-source message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs format-spec rfc822
mml mml-sec epa derived epg mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus wid-edit nnheader
gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils
ind-util quail help-mode mm-util mail-prsvr xt-mouse time-date
which-func imenu icomplete autorevert filenotify el/util el/util-diary
cal-china lunar solar cal-dst cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs
finder-inf info package easymenu epg-config url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv
cl-loaddefs cl-lib mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded
nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind inotify lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
xwidget-internal move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1702321 189012)
 (symbols 48 63881 7)
 (miscs 40 2150 2230)
 (strings 32 298099 21604)
 (string-bytes 1 9873495)
 (vectors 16 123043)
 (vector-slots 8 2521368 113256)
 (floats 8 1469 1989)
 (intervals 56 149972 4032)
 (buffers 992 317))