Subject: bug#30322: Emacs 26 seems to have entered an infinite loop during GC on macOS

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2020 18:49:56 +0200

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> John Wiegley <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> I was writing an e-mail to a colleague today when my Emacs window
>> completely froze up, taking 100% CPU constantly.  Since it's still in
>> that state now, I decided to fire up the stochastic profiler to see
>> what it's doing.  I've attached the screenshot.
>>
>> It claims to be spending all its time in `lisp_align_free', behaving
>> as if there's a CPU busy loop now taking place inside that
>> function. Since very little time is being assigned to its callees, I
>> believe an infinite loop has occurred here:
>
> This was a year ago -- are you still seeing these hangs in Emacs 27?

More information was requested, but no response was given within a few
months, so I'm closing this bug report.  If the problem still exists,
please respond to this email and we'll reopen the bug report.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no