Subject: Re: bug#30320: 26.0.91; Crash when using lsp-ui-doc-mode

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2018 10:29:04 +0100

> As for preventing such crashes even though some Lisp does nonsensical
 > things: I think a TTY frame cannot be less than 3 or 4 lines plus the
 > number of lines used for the menu bar.  Martin, WDYT about adding
 > these limitations to adjust_frame_size?

A better location is when adjusting min_size in frame_windows_min_size
here:

       int min_size = XINT (par_size);

       /* Don't allow phantom frames.  */
       if (min_size < 1)
	min_size = 1;

As you see we currently allow 1 here for width and height measured in
characters.  Feel free to change this any way you want -
FRAME_TERMCAP_P conditioned it shouldn't hurt and be suitable for the
release version.  If you want me to do it, please tell me the value(s)
you consider appropriate and where to apply it.

I never cared about this because I never was able to crash Emacs when
using small sizes.

martin