Subject: bug#30314: closed (Re: bug#30314: Define aliases for window display actions)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2018 21:57:01 +0000

Your bug report

#30314: Define aliases for window display actions

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
30314: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=30314
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#30314: Define aliases for window display actions
From: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2018 23:55:45 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> Better to create new functions for this:

Pushed to master, and closed.

Subject: Define aliases for window display actions
From: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2018 23:52:55 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Severity: wishlist

Instead of duplicating the same list of actions in many places
like in bug#30016:

        (pop-to-buffer buf `((display-buffer--maybe-same-window
                              display-buffer-reuse-window
                              display-buffer--maybe-pop-up-frame-or-window
                              display-buffer-at-bottom)
	                     ,(if temp-buffer-resize-mode
		                  '(window-height . resize-temp-buffer-window)
	                        '(window-height . fit-window-to-buffer))
	                     ,(when temp-buffer-resize-mode
	                        '(preserve-size . (nil . t)))))

I propose to introduce the concept of display action aliases to group
several actions under one name and use just this short name where needed.