Subject: Re: bug#30311: efi-less grub install fails

From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2018 16:47:13 +0100

Marius Bakke <[email-masked]> writes:

> Ricardo: Can you post the output of `find /sys/firmware/efi -maxdepth 1`
> on the affected machine?  With luck, we'll find a variable that is only
> present on "real" EFI.
>
> Can you also post the contents of '/sys/firmware/efi/runtime'?

Now that I have GuixSD installed on that machine I don’t have
/sys/firmware/efi at all.  /sys/firmware contains “acpi”, “dmi”, and
“memmap” only.

The problem occurred when I tried to install GuixSD (after booting from
a GuixSD installer USB drive), not when reconfiguring.  I don’t have a
USB drive with me at the moment, so I cannot check the contents of
/sys/firmware in the installer GuixSD now.

--
Ricardo

GPG: BCA6 89B6 3655 3801 C3C6  2150 197A 5888 235F ACAC
https://elephly.net