Subject: 25.3; crashes on "add-to-list orgmode.org/elpa"

From: Ihar Suvorau <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2018 02:03:40 +0300

the line below:

(add-to-list 'package-archives '("org" . "http://orgmode.org/elpa/") t)

in ~/.emacs.d/init.el crashes Emacs on running "M-x list-packages"

In GNU Emacs 25.3.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin13.4.0, NS appkit-1265.21 Version
10.9.5 (Build 13F1911))
 of 2017-09-12 built on builder10-9.local
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1404
Configured using:
 'configure --with-ns '--enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application
 Support/Emacs/${version}/site-lisp:/Library/Application
 Support/Emacs/site-lisp' --with-modules'

Configured features:
NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS MODULES

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_BY.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
  global-git-gutter-mode: t
  flx-ido-mode: t
  ido-everywhere: t
  global-magit-file-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
You appear to be setting environment variables ("GOPATH") in your .bashrc
or .zshrc: those files are only read by interactive shells, so you should
instead set environment variables in startup files like .profile,
.bash_profile or .zshenv.  Refer to your shell’s man page for more info.
Customize ‘exec-path-from-shell-arguments’ to remove "-i" when done, or
disable ‘exec-path-from-shell-check-startup-files’ to disable this message.
Loading /Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/variables.el (source)...done
Loading /Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/keybindings.el (source)...done
Loading /Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/shell-toggle.el (source)...done
Loading /Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/funcs.el (source)...done
Loading /Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/hooks.el (source)...done
Turning on magit-auto-revert-mode...done
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Saving file /Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/init.el...
Wrote /Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/init.el

Load-path shadows:
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ox hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ox
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ox-texinfo hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ox-texinfo
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ox-publish hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ox-publish
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ox-org hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ox-org
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ox-odt hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ox-odt
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ox-md hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ox-md
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ox-man hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ox-man
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ox-latex hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ox-latex
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ox-icalendar hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ox-icalendar
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ox-html hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ox-html
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ox-beamer hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ox-beamer
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ox-ascii hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ox-ascii
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/org hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/org-w3m hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-w3m
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/org-version hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-version
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/org-timer hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-timer
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/org-table hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-table
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/org-src hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-src
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/org-rmail hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-rmail
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/org-protocol hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-protocol
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/org-plot hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-plot
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/org-pcomplete hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-pcomplete
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/org-mouse hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-mouse
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/org-mobile hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-mobile
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/org-mhe hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-mhe
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/org-macs hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-macs
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/org-macro hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-macro
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/org-loaddefs hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-loaddefs
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/org-list hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-list
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/org-irc hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-irc
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/org-install hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-install
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/org-inlinetask hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-inlinetask
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/org-info hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-info
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/org-indent hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-indent
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/org-id hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-id
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/org-habit hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-habit
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/org-gnus hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-gnus
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/org-footnote hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-footnote
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/org-feed hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-feed
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/org-faces hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-faces
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/org-eshell hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-eshell
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/org-entities hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-entities
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/org-element hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-element
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/org-docview hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-docview
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/org-datetree hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-datetree
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/org-ctags hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-ctags
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/org-crypt hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-crypt
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/org-compat hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-compat
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/org-colview hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-colview
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/org-clock hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-clock
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/org-capture hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-capture
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/org-bibtex hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-bibtex
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/org-bbdb hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-bbdb
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/org-attach hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-attach
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/org-archive hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-archive
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/org-agenda hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-agenda
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-tangle hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-tangle
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-table hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-table
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-sqlite hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-sqlite
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-sql hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-sql
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-shen hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-shen
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-screen hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-screen
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-scheme hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-scheme
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-sass hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-sass
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-ruby hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-ruby
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-ref hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-ref
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-R hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-R
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-python hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-python
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-plantuml hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-plantuml
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-picolisp hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-picolisp
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-perl hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-perl
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-org hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-org
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-octave hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-octave
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-ocaml hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-ocaml
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-mscgen hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-mscgen
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-maxima hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-maxima
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-matlab hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-matlab
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-makefile hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-makefile
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-lob hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-lob
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-lisp hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-lisp
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-lilypond hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-lilypond
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-ledger hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-ledger
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-latex hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-latex
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-keys hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-keys
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-js hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-js
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-java hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-java
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-io hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-io
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-haskell hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-haskell
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-gnuplot hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-gnuplot
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-fortran hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-fortran
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-exp hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-exp
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-eval hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-eval
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-emacs-lisp hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-emacs-lisp
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-dot hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-dot
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-ditaa hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-ditaa
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-css hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-css
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-core hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-core
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-comint hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-comint
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-clojure hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-clojure
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-calc hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-calc
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-C hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-C
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-awk hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-awk
/Users/Suvorau/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-asymptote hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-asymptote

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail flymake-jslint flymake-easy
flymake ace-window avy shell-toggle-patched git-gutter multiple-cursors
mc-hide-unmatched-lines-mode mc-separate-operations
rectangular-region-mode mc-mark-pop mc-mark-more mc-cycle-cursors
mc-edit-lines multiple-cursors-core rect neotree yaml-mode js2-mode js
sgml-mode cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align
cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs imenu exec-path-from-shell go-guru json map
go-autocomplete auto-complete edmacro kmacro popup go-mode url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf
url-util mailcap find-file ffap thingatpt url-parse auth-source url-vars
etags xref project eieio eieio-core compile flx-ido flx ido flatui-theme
magit-obsolete magit-blame magit-stash magit-bisect magit-remote
magit-commit magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree magit-branch
magit-files magit-refs magit-status magit magit-repos magit-apply
magit-wip magit-log magit-diff smerge-mode diff-mode magit-core
magit-autorevert autorevert filenotify magit-process magit-margin
magit-mode magit-git magit-section magit-popup git-commit magit-utils
crm log-edit easy-mmode message dired format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec
password-cache epg gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr
mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader pcvs-util add-log with-editor
cl-seq cl-macs async-bytecomp advice async shell pcomplete comint
ansi-color ring server dash cus-start cus-load finder-inf info package
epg-config seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra help-mode
easymenu cconv cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib time-date mule-util tooltip
eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel
ns-win ucs-normalize term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote kqueue cocoa ns multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 379384 22109)
 (symbols 48 38040 0)
 (miscs 40 128 344)
 (strings 32 70536 13195)
 (string-bytes 1 2302864)
 (vectors 16 57433)
 (vector-slots 8 942544 6021)
 (floats 8 560 328)
 (intervals 56 571 19)
 (buffers 976 19))