Subject: Re: bug#30288: 25.3; crashes on "add-to-list orgmode.org/elpa"

From: Ihar Suvorau <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2018 23:02:55 +0300

sorry, forgot to check M-x list-load-path-shadows RET
found shadows not in ~/.emacs.d/lisp but in ~/.emacs.d/elpa:

.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ox hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ox
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ox-texinfo hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ox-texinfo
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ox-publish hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ox-publish
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ox-org hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ox-org
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ox-odt hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ox-odt
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ox-md hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ox-md
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ox-man hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ox-man
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ox-latex hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ox-latex
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ox-icalendar hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ox-icalendar
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ox-html hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ox-html
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ox-beamer hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ox-beamer
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ox-ascii hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ox-ascii
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/org hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/org-w3m hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-w3m
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/org-version hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-version
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/org-timer hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-timer
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/org-table hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-table
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/org-src hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-src
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/org-rmail hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-rmail
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/org-protocol hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-protocol
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/org-plot hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-plot
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/org-pcomplete hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-pcomplete
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/org-mouse hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-mouse
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/org-mobile hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-mobile
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/org-mhe hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-mhe
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/org-macs hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-macs
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/org-macro hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-macro
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/org-loaddefs hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-loaddefs
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/org-list hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-list
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/org-irc hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-irc
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/org-install hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-install
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/org-inlinetask hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-inlinetask
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/org-info hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-info
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/org-indent hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-indent
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/org-id hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-id
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/org-habit hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-habit
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/org-gnus hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-gnus
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/org-footnote hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-footnote
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/org-feed hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-feed
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/org-faces hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-faces
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/org-eshell hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-eshell
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/org-entities hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-entities
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/org-element hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-element
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/org-docview hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-docview
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/org-datetree hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-datetree
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/org-ctags hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-ctags
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/org-crypt hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-crypt
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/org-compat hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-compat
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/org-colview hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-colview
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/org-clock hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-clock
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/org-capture hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-capture
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/org-bibtex hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-bibtex
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/org-bbdb hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-bbdb
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/org-attach hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-attach
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/org-archive hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-archive
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/org-agenda hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-agenda
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-tangle hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-tangle
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-table hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-table
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-sqlite hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-sqlite
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-sql hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-sql
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-shen hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-shen
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-screen hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-screen
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-scheme hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-scheme
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-sass hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-sass
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-ruby hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-ruby
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-ref hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-ref
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-R hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-R
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-python hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-python
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-plantuml hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-plantuml
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-picolisp hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-picolisp
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-perl hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-perl
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-org hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-org
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-octave hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-octave
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-ocaml hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-ocaml
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-mscgen hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-mscgen
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-maxima hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-maxima
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-matlab hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-matlab
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-makefile hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-makefile
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-lob hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-lob
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-lisp hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-lisp
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-lilypond hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-lilypond
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-ledger hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-ledger
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-latex hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-latex
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-keys hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-keys
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-js hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-js
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-java hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-java
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-io hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-io
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-haskell hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-haskell
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-gnuplot hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-gnuplot
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-fortran hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-fortran
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-exp hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-exp
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-eval hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-eval
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-emacs-lisp hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-emacs-lisp
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-dot hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-dot
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-ditaa hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-ditaa
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-css hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-css
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-core hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-core
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-comint hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-comint
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-clojure hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-clojure
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-calc hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-calc
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-C hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-C
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-awk hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-awk
.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171127/ob-asymptote hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-asymptote

104 Emacs Lisp load-path shadowings were found

On Fri, Feb 2, 2018 at 3:42 AM, Noam Postavsky <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> Ihar Suvorau <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> > The rest of the init.el -- sure. Except init.el I have other files
> > which are included at the bottom.
>
> Can you reproduce the crash with those file loads commented out?  In
> that case we could ignore them.
>
> > ;(add-to-list 'package-archives '("org" . "http://orgmode.org/elpa/")
> t)      <-------------- commented out because of crashes
> > ;(add-to-list 'load-path "~/.emacs.d/lisp/")
>                                                 <-------------- commented
> out because of crashes
>
> Do you get a crash only when both of those statements are uncommented,
> or is it either one?  Does M-x list-load-path-shadows RET give you any
> hits in ~/.emacs.d/lisp?
>