Subject: Re: [bug#30286] [PATCH] gnu: Add culmus.

From: Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2018 09:07:38 +0200

On Mon, Jan 29, 2018 at 04:49:20PM -0500, Leo Famulari wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 29, 2018 at 08:58:42PM +0200, Efraim Flashner wrote:
> > * gnu/packages/fonts.scm (culmus): New variable.
> 
> Cool! Is this our first Hebrew font?
> 
> > +    (build-system gnu-build-system)
> 
> Just wondering, did you try the font-build-system? No big deal either
> way.

I checked guix/build/font-build-system, it seemed to untar the tarball
and extract only the font files. Culmus offers two tarballs, one
"regular" one with just fonts in it (ttf,otf,afm,pfa), and the other one
with just spd files in it to be processed with fontforge. I suppose I
could have started with the font-build-system and modified it, but I
using the font-linuxlibertine package as a model, and it uses the gnu
build system as a base.

I should probably rewrite the description to remove the reference to the
Type1 fonts, they're included by default in the precompiled font tarball
but not built with the one I wrote.

-- 
Efraim Flashner   <[email-masked]>   אפרים פלשנר
GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D  14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351
Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted