Subject: bug#30265: Fish shell has wrong path variables

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2018 17:25:03 +0100

Hi ng0 and Meiyo,

[email-masked] skribis:

> On Sat, 27 Jan 2018, Meiyo Peng <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am using GuixSD 0.14. After upgrading fish shell to latest version(v2.7.1) and
>> running `guix gc`, fish shell does not work well.
>
> Can you explain a bit more about your setup? I assume you use
> fish as you user shell and not just as a shell you switch into
> from a Bash enabled user, correct?

Note that the current ‘guix’ package, 0.14.0-7.33988f9, includes Fish
completion support, which was not the case before:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
$ ls -R $(guix build guix)/share/fish
/gnu/store/apji9j8cwf9xpd5jk5mk8s6r1a391yvq-guix-0.14.0-7.33988f9/share/fish:
vendor_completions.d

/gnu/store/apji9j8cwf9xpd5jk5mk8s6r1a391yvq-guix-0.14.0-7.33988f9/share/fish/vendor_completions.d:
guix.fish
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Could it be the reason why you’re having problems now that you didn’t
experience earlier?

Any ideas, ng0?

Thanks,
Ludo’.