Subject: bug#30264: 27.0.50; Resizing in `tabulated-list-mode'

From: Matthew Leach <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2018 22:08:31 +0000

Hi there,

When in a mode that uses `tabulated-list-mode' as it's parent, the
resizing of text in such buffers doesn't re-tabulate the contents.
Recipe:

emacs -Q
M-x package-list-packages
C-x C-=

AFAICS, the problem is that the header line doesn't scale with C-x C-=.
I've tried looking around the source, but this looks as though the face
selection for the header line is done in the C source code.  Any
pointers on how to fix this would be appreciated!

Thanks,
-- 
Matt

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.26)
 of 2018-01-07 built on matt-desktop
Repository revision: f04a527a9266690e6486c65d303a897b08fc5732
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11906000
Recent messages:
Package menu: Operation finished [Installed 1]
Making completion list...
Contacting host: debbugs.gnu.org:443 [2 times]
Use +,-,0 for further adjustment [66 times]
Making completion list...
Quit
Type C-x 1 to delete the help window, C-M-v to scroll help.
Mark saved where search started
Use +,-,0 for further adjustment [3 times]
Making completion list...

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/home/matthew/.li'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS
LIBXML2 FREETYPE XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 LIBSYSTEMD JSON
LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Package Menu

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  ido-everywhere: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow bbdb-message mail-extr help-fns emacsbug sendmail debbugs-gnu
subr-x add-log debbugs soap-client warnings rng-xsd rng-dt rng-util
xsd-regexp autoload radix-tree lisp-mnt tar-mode mm-archive url-http
url-gw url-cache url-auth misearch multi-isearch vc-git face-remap
gnus-topic nndraft nnmh utf-7 nnfolder epa-file network-stream nsm
starttls gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg
gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig gnus-cache gnus-sum
bbdb-gnus bbdb-mua bbdb-com crm bbdb bbdb-site timezone gnus-demon nntp
gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-article-treat-patch diff-mode gnus-start
gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source tls gnutls utf7 netrc nnoo
parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message rmc puny rfc822 mml
mml-sec epa derived epg mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus nnheader gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr
elec-pair conf-toplev conf-doom-themes doom-themes-org
doom-themes-neotree doom-molokai-theme doom-themes doom-themes-common
conf-company company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags
company-gtags company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files
company-capf company-cmake company-xcode company-clang company-semantic
company-eclim company-template company-css company-nxml company-bbdb
company pcase conf-ido ido conf-ledger ledger-mode ledger-check
ledger-texi ledger-test ledger-sort ledger-report ledger-reconcile
ledger-occur ledger-fontify ledger-state ledger-fonts ledger-complete
ledger-schedule ledger-init ledger-xact ledger-post ledger-exec
ledger-navigate ledger-context ledger-commodities org-element avl-tree
generator org org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete org-list org-faces
org-entities org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle org-src ob-ref
ob-lob ob-table ob-keys ob-exp ob-comint ob-core ob-eval org-compat
org-macs org-loaddefs find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs cus-edit
cus-start cus-load wid-edit ledger-regex rx conf-sp smartparens dash
conf-coffee conf-ssh-agent conf-windmove windmove conf-whitespace
conf-slime slime-repl slime-parse slime compile etags xref project
arc-mode archive-mode noutline outline hyperspec browse-url conf-faces
hl-sexp conf-eshell em-term term disp-table ehelp em-smart pcomplete
comint ansi-color ring esh-var esh-io esh-cmd esh-opt esh-ext esh-proc
esh-arg esh-groups eshell esh-module esh-mode esh-util conf-erc
erc-goodies erc erc-backend erc-compat thingatpt pp erc-loaddefs
conf-emms emms-librefm-stream xml emms-librefm-scrobbler
emms-playlist-limit emms-volume easy-mmode emms-volume-amixer emms-i18n
emms-history emms-score emms-stream-info emms-metaplaylist-mode
emms-bookmarks emms-cue emms-mode-line-icon emms-browser sort
emms-playlist-sort emms-last-played emms-player-xine emms-player-mpd
cl-extra help-mode tq emms-lyrics emms-url url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util
mailcap emms-streams emms-show-all emms-tag-editor format-spec emms-mark
emms-cache emms-info-ogginfo emms-info-mp3info emms-playlist-mode
emms-player-vlc advice emms-source-playlist emms-source-file locate
dired dired-loaddefs emms-player-mplayer emms-playing-time
emms-player-simple emms-info later-do emms-setup emms-mode-line emms
emms-compat conf-elisp conf-dir conf-dired conf-c-mode conf-auctex
conf-asm conf-ace-jump conf-personal edmacro kmacro paren conf-packages
finder-inf slime-autoloads info package easymenu epg-config url-handlers
url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache json map url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile
cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1453646 188047)
 (symbols 48 62403 6)
 (miscs 40 278 694)
 (strings 32 240806 65846)
 (string-bytes 1 7939623)
 (vectors 16 75851)
 (vector-slots 8 1923593 113020)
 (floats 8 3153 1123)
 (intervals 56 142177 857)
 (buffers 992 42))