Subject: Re: bug#30251: REMOVE bllank line on DOS file format

From: Eric Blake <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2018 16:13:04 -0600

On 01/25/2018 07:25 AM, Mauro Rigoni wrote:

> *sed (GNU sed) 4.4*
> 
> *Packaged by Cygwin (4.4-1)*

Questions about the Cygwin port of sed are best directed to the Cygwin
list.  In particular, note that the Cygwin folks have decided that it is
better to have sed operate in binary mode by default (it used to operate
in text mode and silently corrupt binary data); so you HAVE to strip out
line endings yourself as a pre-processing step before handing the data
to sed (the same as you would have to do when processing DOS files on
Linux, where text and binary files have synonymous behaviors).  More
information here:

https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-announce/2017-02/msg00036.html

-- 
Eric Blake, Principal Software Engineer
Red Hat, Inc.           +1-919-301-3266
Virtualization:  qemu.org | libvirt.org