Subject: Re: bug#30250: Two failures on ‘make -k "-j$(nproc)" check’

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2018 18:15:53 +0100

Hi,

"Jorge" <[email-masked]> skribis:

> January 27, 2018 2:02 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
>
>> "Jorge" <[email-masked]> skribis:
>> It looks like the language/tree-il/spec.scm file (which is part of
>> Guile) that was found in $GUILE_LOAD_PATH on your system is not a
>> regular file and is instead presumably a symlink. Could you check that
>> this is the case?
>
> Unfortunately I have already uninstalled Guix and its dependencies.  I
> am sorry, I now realize I (obviously) should not have done that before
> this bug report finished being investigated.  At least I backed up the
> Guix repository (including build products).  Anyway, I remember I had
> stowed¹ Guix and its dependencies, so ‘language/tree-il/spec.scm’ must
> indeed have been a symlink.\\

OK.

>> This test runs its own HTTP server on port 10500. Could it be that it
>> try to go through your proxy and failed? Can you check whether this
>> works:
>> 
>> unset http_proxy
>> make check TESTS=tests/derivations.scm
>> 
>> ?

[...]

> Thus I
> tried to recompile Guix in order to test your hypothesis but it did not
> compile:

[...]

> In web/client.scm:
> In web/http.scm:
> In unknown file:
>            0    346:21  3 (_ #<procedure string-index (_ _ #:optional _ _)> #\:)
>
> ERROR: ERROR: Wro(request _ #:body _ #:port _ #:method _ #:version _ #:keep-alive? _ #:headers _ #:decode-body? _ # _ # …)ng
>  type to apply: "alpha.gnu.org"

This has to do with bad $http_proxy handling in old Guile versions, I
think, but that download step no longer exists in the ‘core-updates’
branch that’s to be merged in the coming days.

Thanks anyway, I consider the case closed on our side.

Ludo’.