Subject: bug#30246: 25.2.50; auth-source does not support creation or deletion with secrets provider

From: Allen Li <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2018 16:51:19 -0700

On Wed, Sep 5, 2018 at 1:57 AM Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Could you test it by any chance in Emacs 27? If not, I'll close the
> bug. You could still report later if it doesn't work as expected.

It looks like secret creation works now, however I can't seem to
retrieve the secret.  I can file a separate bug for that if you want.

(auth-source-search :host "example.com" :user "bob" :secret "password"
:create t)

After calling the returned save function, I can confirm that the
secret is created:

$ secret-tool search --all --unlock host example.com user bob
[/org/freedesktop/secrets/collection/login/484]
label = [email-masked]
secret = password
created = 2018-09-08 23:35:47
modified = 2018-09-08 23:35:47
schema = org.freedesktop.Secret.Generic
attribute.host = example.com
attribute.user = bob

However I cannot seem to retrieve it using auth-source:

(auth-source-search :host "example.com" :user "bob")
nil

Also, deletion still isn't supported:

(auth-source-delete :host "example.com" :user "bob")
(cl-assertion-failed ((not delete) "The Secrets API auth-source
backend doesn't suppor..."))

> Best regards, Michael.