Subject: Re: bug#30243: 26.0.91; Infinite recursion in `make-auto-save-file-name' for quoted filenames

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2018 20:17:16 +0100

Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Yes, would be better. There shall also be cleanup; I've added a missing
>> delete-file which was missing.
>
> Right, should all be done now.

I've pushed another fix, which uses file-name-quote{,d-p} instead of
messing with "/:". This is cleaner, and shall also be an example for
people who care about quoted file names.

Futhermore, I've added a small test, which demonstrates how to use these
functions.

>> I feel a little bit uncomfortable with this, because my fix in
>> file-notify-add-watch didn't get heavy testing.
>
> However, if you think the file-notify fix might possibly affect other
> things, I think leaving that part out for 26.1 would be acceptable.

LGTM.

Best regards, Michael.