Subject: bug#30243: 26.0.91; Infinite recursion in `make-auto-save-file-name' for quoted filenames

From: Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2018 09:58:21 -0500

Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> writes:

>> I'm thinking also the massive test needs to be split up, as it's a bit
>> unwieldy. Having one test per operation almost seems like overkill,
>> but I think it will make it easier to check we've covered everything,
>> so I'll probably go with that.
>
> Yes, would be better. There shall also be cleanup; I've added a missing
> delete-file which was missing.

Right, should all be done now.

> The branch scratch/nonspecial-handlers is based on Emacs 26.0.91, do you
> plan to merge it there?

Yeah, I agree with Phillip that breaking "/:" files for the release
would be quite a severe regression.

> I feel a little bit uncomfortable with this, because my fix in
> file-notify-add-watch didn't get heavy testing.

However, if you think the file-notify fix might possibly affect other
things, I think leaving that part out for 26.1 would be acceptable.

Now that the code is ready, perhaps Eli has something to say on where it
should go?