Subject: bug#30243: 26.0.91; Infinite recursion in `make-auto-save-file-name' for quoted filenames

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2018 11:28:22 +0100

Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Noam,

>>       (equal
>>        ("/:/tmp/emacsqk0Dcl~")
>>        ("/:/tmp/emacsqk0Dcl.~1~"))
>
>> I guess, it is because I have set `version-control' to t in my .emacs
>> (not investigated further).
>
> Hmm, couldn't reproduce here, but it looks like a bug (although not as
> severe as the inf loop stuff).

Well, if I start emacs -Q, the error does not appear. Hmm, maybe I will
track it later.

> I'm thinking also the massive test needs to be split up, as it's a bit
> unwieldy. Having one test per operation almost seems like overkill,
> but I think it will make it easier to check we've covered everything,
> so I'll probably go with that.

Yes, would be better. There shall also be cleanup; I've added a missing
delete-file which was missing.

The branch scratch/nonspecial-handlers is based on Emacs 26.0.91, do you
plan to merge it there? I feel a little bit uncomfortable with this,
because my fix in file-notify-add-watch didn't get heavy testing.

Best regards, Michael.