Subject: bug#30241: Emacs 26.0.91: "Generalized variables" are not defined.

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2018 12:34:53 +0200

> Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2018 08:15:32 -0800 (PST)
> From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
> 
> If you want to compare the Emacs explanation with the CL one,
> compare all that is written at the URL I provided.

I already did, and would expect you to assume that up front.

> I think you'll see a difference - it is, IMO, "significantly
> different".

Actually, no, I didn't.  I do see some additional explanations that
might have helped Alan understand the issue, but nothing
"significant".  So much so that I doubt Alan will find the CL docs
helpful after disliking our docs of the same subject, as he did, based
on his original bug report.  Of course, it's possible that I'm missing
something here.

Therefore, I invite Alan (and anyone else who'd like to chime in) to
please compare the CL docs on this matter with ours, and tell what
parts of the former made the issue "fall into place" (pun intended)
wrt this topic, where our docs don't.  Bonus points for proposing
patches for the relevant parts of the ELisp manual, to make this
subject's documentation "significantly" better.

Thanks.