Subject: Re: bug#3021: 23.0.92; MEM FULL on Windows after some VC operations

From: Reiner Steib <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2009 13:57:39 +0200

On Sun, Jul 05 2009, Jason Rumney wrote:

> Reiner Steib wrote:
>> - What do I need to install to debug a MinGW/MSYS build (Jason's
>>   build) on MS Vista?
>>   
> gdb (from www.mingw.org)
>
>> - To put a breakpoint, of course I need to install the Emacs sources.
>>   How do I have to combine the source (emacs-*.tar.gz) and the binary
>>   (windows/emacs-*-bin-i386.zip) correctly?
>
> Unzipping into the same directory should work - any files contained in both
> are identical, so no harm will come from replacing, or conversely from keeping
> the old ones.

Thanks, that worked.  There was some warning/error from gdb (sorry, I
didn't write it down) when starting it (with a "continue y/n" prompt),
but I could run emacs.exe from gdb.

These instructions should be documented in some readme/debug files, I
think.

Bye, Reiner.
-- 
       ,,,
      (o o)
---ooO-(_)-Ooo---  |  PGP key available  |  http://rsteib.home.pages.de/