Subject: Re: bug#30204: 27.0.50; Changing major mode resets non-default invisibility spec

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2021 17:56:10 -0400

[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

  > > I suggest renaming it to something like `clean-buffer'.

  > It's a mode -- it continues to remove text properties from text you yank
  > into it.

Thanks for explaining.

"Clean" is not a very clear name for this, because the idea that
having no text properties is "cleaner" is a matter of taste.  Some
might not make the connection between the word "cleam" and what this
does.  Thus, people will have more difficulty remembering the name
from the meaning and vice versa.

I suggest renaming it to "no-properties-mode".

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman (https://stallman.org)
Chief GNUisance of the GNU Project (https://gnu.org)
Founder, Free Software Foundation (https://fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (https://internethalloffame.org)