Subject: Re: [bug#30180] [PATCH] gnu: libsndfile: Fix CVE-2017-12562.

From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2018 15:25:52 -0500

On Tue, Jan 23, 2018 at 10:20:26AM +0100, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Leo Famulari <[email-masked]> skribis:
> 
> > I'd like to ungraft this on core-updates, even though it's late in the
> > core-updates cycle. Changing libsndfile requires only ~600 rebuilds per
> > architecture.
> >
> > * gnu/packages/patches/libsndfile-CVE-2017-12562.patch: New file.
> > * gnu/local.mk (dist_patch_DATA): Add it.
> > * gnu/packages/pulseaudio.scm (libsndfile)[replacement]: New field.
> > (libsndfile/fixed): New variable.
> 
> The patch LGTM!

Okay, pushed!

> As for ungrafting, I’ll let you judge.  I would really like to merge
> that branch soon, but I haven’t checked in status over the last couple
> of days.

The branch is very close to done if you just look at the numbers, but
there are still some important package failures. But there will be more
grafts soon enough, so I guess we might as well leave it grafted.