Subject: bug#30168: 25.3.50; segfault when opening scratch buffer (GUI), other times

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2018 10:24:11 +0200

> From: Tina Russell <[email-masked]>
> Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2018 18:38:30 -0800
> 
> I’ve customized my Emacs installation to take advantage of ErgoEmacs
> (using https://github.com/ergoemacs/ergoemacs-config as a guide). While
> ironing out the kinks in my init.el file I realized that Emacs now
> crashes with a segfault… a LOT. The most blatant example I ran into is
> that opening the scratch buffer causes a segfault. I can open Emacs,
> switch to the scratch buffer (using the menu, tabbar, or Ctrl+X B) and
> Emacs will crash with the following output:

Thank you for your report.

> In GNU Emacs 25.3.50.2 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.18.9)
>  of 2017-09-15 built on lgw01-amd64-029

This is an old development snapshot.  Please use the latest pretest of
Emacs 26 (emacs-26.0.9x, available from alpha.gnu.org) or build the
current Git repository.  If the problem still persists there, please
run Emacs under GDB, cause it to crash, and then type this command at
the GDB prompt "(gdb)":

 (gdb) bt full

and post here the full output of that command.