Subject: [Partially Solved] (was: bug#30158: 11.90.2.2017-07-25; latex from command line is ok, but called from auctex, gives problems)

From: Uwe Brauer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2018 14:50:15 +0100

>>> "Mosè" == Mosè Giordano <[email-masked]> writes:

    > Hi Uwe,
    > 2018-01-20 14:19 GMT+01:00 Uwe Brauer <[email-masked]>:
    >> So I now started emacs from the command line and then everything is
    >> fine. Only when I use an icon to start with. Strange.

    > This isn't much strange if you use Ubuntu.  If I remember correctly,
    > programs started from the desktop environment don't know about users
    > init files.

    > I never tried myself because I didn't need to, but you may want to
    > have a look at https://github.com/purcell/exec-path-from-shell in
    > order to set your environment variables from the shell.

I just found out that adding
(exec-path-from-shell-copy-env "TEXINPUTS")

To my init file 'solved' the issue.

Not sure what the conclusion should be. It seems not to be an auctex
bug. Maybe the documentation should say something about it. On the other
hand I have been the first so far to complain....