Subject: bug#30141: (26.0.91; text-pixel dimensions not properly saved by desktop-save-mode sometimes)

From: Aaron Jensen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2018 14:00:17 -0500

From: martin rudalics (mailto:[email-masked])
> Can you please give a more detailed scenario of what happens in
> practice. Is this prevalence of pixel sizes something which occurs
> after the frameset was restored or already during restoration?
>
> Can you please try to do that? How do these parameters get into the
> way of things?

Sorry, sure. The issue is when you have the frame sized to be a
non-multiple of the font-width (pixel sized), save the desktop, then
restart emacs and restore the desktop.

At this point you’ll have a pixel width in your frame parameters.

Then if you resize the frame to be a multiple of the font-width and
save the desktop, you end up writing the previous pixel widths because
they were in frame parameters and we do not reset them unless you are
using a non-multiple of the font width.

If that doesn’t make sense I can try and write up a repro when I get a chance.

Thanks,

Aaron