Subject: Re: bug#30141: (26.0.91; text-pixel dimensions not properly saved by desktop-save-mode sometimes)

From: Aaron Jensen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2018 03:50:24 -0800

From: martin rudalics (mailto:[email-masked])
> Doesn't look wrong to me. But if we use it we'd have to change the
> comment below:

Updated patch attached.

I tried out a naive approach to filtering (filter out all frameset--
params when restoring) and it broke on the mini buffer restoring,
though I didn’t debug the exact issue.

Reading over the code makes me wonder if I put the text pixel
width/height saving code in the wrong place,
frameset--record-relationships, as it is named, seems to be more about
the relationships between frames. Tossing in pixel sizing in there is
a bit misplaced probably. Maybe it would be more appropriate to add a
custom width/height filter that would save the text pixel width/height
while filtering.

Either way, this patch fixes a bug so it is probably worth applying if
you’re good with it.

Thanks,

Aaron