Subject: bug#30138: 26.0.90; The variable ‘vc-stay-local’

From: Francis Wright <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2018 16:14:37 +0000

In the Emacs manual, sections "28.1.10.1 The VC Directory Buffer" and
"28.1.13.3 Options specific for CVS" refer to the variable
‘vc-stay-local’, but this variable does not seem to be defined. (I'm
using subversion.) I will try customizing ‘vc-cvs-stay-local’ instead.

In GNU Emacs 26.0.90 (build 2, x86_64-w64-mingw32)
 of 2017-10-17 built on MONOLITH
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.16299
Recent messages:
To install your edits, invoke [State] and choose the Set operation
Saving file c:/Users/fjw/AppData/Roaming/.emacs...
Wrote c:/Users/fjw/AppData/Roaming/.emacs [2 times]
Making completion list...
Creating customization items...
Creating customization items ...done
Resetting customization items...done
Creating customization setup...done
Mark set
mwheel-scroll: End of buffer [5 times]

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/d/emacs/emacs-26.0.90 --without-imagemagick'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ENG
  locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: Info

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail cus-theme eieio-custom
wid-browse tree-widget time-stamp pp vc-src vc-sccs vc-mtn vc-hg vc-git
diff-mode vc-bzr vc-annotate cus-edit wid-edit thingatpt help-fns
radix-tree misearch multi-isearch jka-compr log-view cl-extra help-mode
log-edit easy-mmode message rmc puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg
gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr mailabbrev
mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader pcvs-util add-log vc-cvs vc-rcs vc-dir
ewoc ediff-vers ediff-merg ediff-wind ediff-diff ediff-mult ediff-help
ediff-init ediff-util ediff vc vc-dispatcher vc-svn dired dired-loaddefs
flyspell ispell imenu tramp tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs trampver
ucs-normalize shell pcomplete comint ansi-color ring parse-time
format-spec advice paren delsel cus-start cus-load finder-inf info
package easymenu epg-config url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq
eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache url-vars seq
byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib elec-pair
server time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table term/w32-win
w32-win w32-vars term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote w32notify w32 multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 345218 38423)
 (symbols 56 29159 2)
 (miscs 48 1680 777)
 (strings 32 64290 4685)
 (string-bytes 1 1705984)
 (vectors 16 46705)
 (vector-slots 8 854544 18908)
 (floats 8 101 595)
 (intervals 56 7767 167)
 (buffers 992 31))