Subject: bug#30126: Do not require “ltmain.sh” for out-of-tree libtool

From: Mathieu Lirzin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2018 23:31:52 +0100

Hello Paolo,

Mathieu Lirzin <[email-masked]> writes:

>>>From a936b7d4cf8583ace0be6756b4b066a2c1aebe18 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
> From: Paolo Bonzini <[email-masked]>
> Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2016 13:30:50 +0100
> Subject: [PATCH] automake: Do not require ltmain.sh for out-of-tree libtool
>
> If Automake does not see LT_SUPPORTED_TAG, it assumes an old libtool
> that does not know about AC_REQUIRE_AUX_FILE.  However, if the program
> does not use Libtool's configure.ac macros this check gets a
> false positive.  Do not require ltmain.sh if no Libtool macro is
> found in configure.ac.
>
> * bin/automake.in ($libtool_bundled): New variable.
> (handle_libtool): Do not require libtool files if libtool is not being
> bundled.
> (scan_autoconf_traces): Set $libtool_bundled.  Trace AC_PROG_LIBTOOL.
> ---

Would you have some time to allocate on a test for this patch in the
following days/weeks?  I would like to be able to merge it before
releasing Automake 1.16?

Thanks.

-- 
Mathieu Lirzin
GPG: F2A3 8D7E EB2B 6640 5761  070D 0ADE E100 9460 4D37