Subject: Re: bug#30088: Rendering glitch with double buffering enabled

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2022 16:29:04 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> > +*** Ubuntu and Fedora display glitch
>> 
>> We can probably just say GNU/Linux. Highly unlikely that this problem is 
>> specific to Ubuntu and Fedora.
>
> Yes, definitely.  I don't even think it's specific to GNU/Linux.

(I'm going through old bug reports that unfortunately weren't resolved
at the time.)

This is now:

---
*** Display artifacts on GUI frames on X-based systems.
---

Skimming this thread, it looked like the conclusion here was that this
problem was just documented, but there wasn't really much to do beyond
that?

Damien, is this problem still present in Emacs 29?  I seem to recall Po
Lu doing some changes in this area lately, but I may be misremembering.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no