Subject: Re: bug#30085: 25.2: Documentation for cua-rectangle-mark-mode

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2019 13:10:53 +0200

Hi Boruch,

Boruch Baum <[email-masked]> writes:

> >  Are you still working on this?
>
> No. I was discouraged from continuing by the silence and lack of
> response to my submitted patch and notes.

FWIW, I think these looks like useful changes.  Thanks for working on it.

> >  Could you send the patch you wrote?
>
> It's been hiding on the bug report thread since 21 Mar 2018:

Oh, I must've missed it.  Thanks.

> There may be other useful data in the thread; I don't remember. I've
> just returned from holiday and had a backlog of work before I left, so I
> can't commit to continuing this anytime soon, but I remember that the
> patch did fix some issues, so if you want to carry the ball, then the
> patch and accompanying notes could be useful.

I'm not sure I can be of much help, since I've never used cua-mode and
know nothing about it.

I'm mostly here to nudge along the work of improving the
documentation.  I think this is important work, if somewhat thankless.
I therefore suggest that you revisit this when you find some time, and
in the meanwhile we can see if someone more knowledgeable than me
picks up the ball.

Thanks again for the update.

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas