Subject: bug#30085: 25.2: Documentation for cua-rectangle-mark-mode

From: Boruch Baum <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2019 06:56:28 -0400

Hi Stefan. Thanks for re-visiting this.

On 2019-10-19 03:21, Stefan Kangas wrote:
> Boruch Baum <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> > I had some time to look at the pacakge, and produced some notes and a
> > patch file, before realizing that it would be a good idea to consult
> > with you both before continuing and possibly wasting a lot of my
> > volunteer time-budget.
>
> That was in March 2018, but it seems like you unfortunately never got a
> reply here.

Bummer that, but people mostly contribute on a volunteer-basis and have
lives outside of emacs, so I didn't take it personally.

>  Are you still working on this?

No. I was discouraged from continuing by the silence and lack of
response to my submitted patch and notes.

>  Could you send the patch you wrote?

It's been hiding on the bug report thread since 21 Mar 2018:

  https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?filename=cua-rect.patch;msg=23;bug=30085;att=1
  https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?msg=23;filename=cua-rect-notes.txt;att=2;bug=30085

There may be other useful data in the thread; I don't remember. I've
just returned from holiday and had a backlog of work before I left, so I
can't commit to continuing this anytime soon, but I remember that the
patch did fix some issues, so if you want to carry the ball, then the
patch and accompanying notes could be useful.

--
hkp://keys.gnupg.net
CA45 09B5 5351 7C11 A9D1  7286 0036 9E45 1595 8BC0