Subject: Re: bug#30085: 25.2: Documentation for cua-rectangle-mark-mode

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2019 09:39:57 +0300

> From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2019 03:21:52 +0200
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], Kim Storm <[email-masked]>
> 
> Boruch Baum <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > I had some time to look at the pacakge, and produced some notes and a
> > patch file, before realizing that it would be a good idea to consult
> > with you both before continuing and possibly wasting a lot of my
> > volunteer time-budget.
> 
> That was in March 2018, but it seems like you unfortunately never got a
> reply here.  Are you still working on this?  Could you send the patch
> you wrote?

If Kim doesn't respond, as he didn't back then, I suggest you use your
best judgment to retain whatever seems useful from this patch.

Internal functions indeed don't need to be documented, but if the doc
string makes a significant difference in how easy it is to understand
what the function does, including a doc string can only help future
maintenance.

I know very little about cua-rectangle-mode, mainly around the tricks
it plays with the display code (and the special support these tricks
have in the display engine), so I cannot answer the questions that
Boruch asked.

Thanks.