Subject: Re: bug#30080: 24.5; write-region can reset idle time

From: Cecil Westerhof <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2018 23:59:27 +0100

Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> writes:

>>> (Is it just me who thinks investigating an Emacs 24.5 problem isn't
>>> productive?)
>
> Oh, my, I didn't even notice.
>
>> Debian is always a bit behind, but I could look into upgrading
>> manually.
>
> Debian testing has 25.2, please try at least that version.

Stable has also 25.1.1. I had to install emacs25 instead of emacs.
Done that and both problems disappeared. In a way this keeps me
wondering how it could appear and disappear, but I think I let it go.
;-)

Is there a reason to go to 25.2 instead of 25.1.1, or is this good
enough?

-- 
Cecil Westerhof
Senior Software Engineer
M [email-masked]

LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/cecilwesterhof