Subject: Re: bug#30080: 24.5; write-region can reset idle time

From: Cecil Westerhof <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2018 11:36:15 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> From: Cecil Westerhof <[email-masked]>
>> Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2018 02:36:52 +0100
>> Cc: [email-masked]
>> 
>> Also (desktop-save-mode 1) has the same effect. When I do not have
>> (global-auto-revert-mode 1), but I do have (desktop-save-mode 1), then
>> also write-region will reset idle time.
>
> desktop-save-mode writes the desktop file from time to time, and it
> uses an idle timer, so I think this explains that.

I have two problems with that:
- I do not think that it is done every minute, or less. And the reset
  is done on the moment of the write-region of my command. So does not
  directly relate to the writing of the desktop file.
- Before 19 December I did not have this behaviour. So it started
  after an update. It did not work like this for more as five years,
  but started the 19th of December 2017.

-- 
Cecil Westerhof
Senior Software Engineer
M [email-masked]

LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/cecilwesterhof