Subject: bug#30080: 24.5; write-region can reset idle time

From: Cecil Westerhof <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2018 02:36:52 +0100

Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> writes:

>>     (global-auto-revert-mode 1)
>
> Ha, I think you have your culprit right there: my crystal ball says that
> if you have auto-revert active on the file you modify with
> `write-region` (or maybe even just a file in the same directory) any
> modification to the file (e.g. via `write-region`) will send
> a pseudo-event, which Emacs's command-loop will confuse for an actual
> user event!

The problem being that until the 19th of December it worked without a
problem. I did not change my .emacs.

Also (desktop-save-mode 1) has the same effect. When I do not have
(global-auto-revert-mode 1), but I do have (desktop-save-mode 1), then
also write-region will reset idle time.

It is even more funny: when I play a video with mpv, idle time is also
reset. And this I find really odd.

-- 
Cecil Westerhof
Senior Software Engineer
M [email-masked]

LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/cecilwesterhof