Subject: bug#30068: 26.0; REGRESSION: no doc for `x-display-pixel-*'

From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2018 13:14:06 -0500

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> So you want to special-case pc-win.el?

No.

>  I thought this was a more general proposal.

Yes.

>> In addition, all the X/W32/NS "x-" doc-strings need to be combined so
>> that the X version describes all platforms. I thought this was already
>> done, but in one of the first cases I looked it, it wasn't. But this has
>> to be done anyway in the "real" solution, so the effort won't be wasted.
>
> I'm not sure I understand: I thought we made all the doc strings of
> such functions identical some time ago, to avoid this issue.  Which
> doc strings are not identical between different implementations?

The first one I happened to look at was x-server-max-request-size.
Cf nsfns.m and xfns.c.

>> +          /* Ignore docs that start with SKIP.  These mark
>> +             placeholders where the real doc is elsewhere.  */
>
> This must be in the ELisp manual, of course, and perhaps also in NEWS.

I don't see why an internal implementation detail that will be
self-documenting ("SKIP: real doc in xfns.c") needs to be in the
manual and NEWS, but if you say so.

Is this change then approved?