Subject: Re: bug#30063: 26.0.90; Silent fail with `rst-compile-pdf-preview'

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2019 05:25:58 +0200

Stefan Merten <[email-masked]> writes:

> A good solution IMHO would be to have a reasonable list of defaults
> for (all) the executables in `rst-compile-toolsets', then check this
> list of defaults for executability and then set the default
> customization accordingly. If none of the defaults is found the
> customization for the respective symbol should be set to nil and the
> error should appear when the executable is to be used.

Yeah, that sounds like a good thing.

> [...browsing through the code...]
>
> Ok, a sensible solution would need quite an effort. So it's probably
> best to apply this patch now and when at any point in the future I
> come up with a more general solution it will do something equivalent
> or rather something better.

OK, Simen -- I think you should just apply the patch and close the bug
report, and we can hope that further improvements arrive in the future.
:-)

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no