Subject: bug#30057: closed (Re: bug#30057: file-notify-test03-events sometimes fails)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2018 12:47:02 +0000

Your bug report

#30057: file-notify-test03-events sometimes fails

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
30057: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=30057
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#30057: file-notify-test03-events sometimes fails
From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
To: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2018 13:46:16 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 26.1

Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Glenn,

> Package: emacs
> Severity: minor
> Version: 26.0.90
>
> Current emacs-26 branch on RHEL 7.4, using -lglibc (inotify).
> I've several times had the following odd-looking failure of
> file-notify-test03-events during "make -j8 check".
> Resembles https://debbugs.gnu.org/26126 ?

No.

> (string-prefix-p "/tmp/file-notify-testgqbQAt" "/tmp/signed-bad.elcBJAl1B")

An unexpected event on unrelated file "/tmp/signed-bad.elcBJAl1B"
happened while watching directory "/tmp".

I've fixed this by adding an own subdirectory below "/tmp", which will
be watched for the test. Committed to the emacs-26 branch, because only
a test file is changed.

If the problem happens again, pls reopen the bug.

Best regards, Michael.

Subject: file-notify-test03-events sometimes fails
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2018 23:11:17 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Package: emacs
Severity: minor
Version: 26.0.90

Current emacs-26 branch on RHEL 7.4, using -lglibc (inotify).
I've several times had the following odd-looking failure of
file-notify-test03-events during "make -j8 check".
Resembles https://debbugs.gnu.org/26126 ?

Running 8 tests (2018-01-09 20:03:51-0800)
Library: `inotify'
   passed  1/8  file-notify-test00-availability
   passed  2/8  file-notify-test01-add-watch
   passed  3/8  file-notify-test02-rm-watch
Test file-notify-test03-events backtrace:
  signal(ert-test-failed (((should (string-prefix-p (file-notify--even
  ert-fail(((should (string-prefix-p (file-notify--event-watched-file 
  (progn (ert-fail (car (cdr (progn (or (and (memq (type-of result) cl
  (if (and (memq (type-of result) cl-struct-ert-test-failed-tags) t) (
  (let ((result (car --dolist-tail--))) (if (and (memq (type-of result
  (while --dolist-tail-- (let ((result (car --dolist-tail--))) (if (an
  (let ((--dolist-tail-- file-notify--test-results)) (while --dolist-t
  (let* ((events (if (consp (car (cond ((string-equal (file-notify--te
  (progn (if (string-equal (file-notify--test-library) "kqueue") nil (
  (unwind-protect (progn (if (string-equal (file-notify--test-library)
  (closure (t) nil (let* ((fn-132 (function file-notify--test-local-en
  ert--run-test-internal(#s(ert--test-execution-info :test #s(ert-test
  ert-run-test(#s(ert-test :name file-notify-test03-events :documentat
  ert-run-or-rerun-test(#s(ert--stats :selector (not (or (tag :expensi
  ert-run-tests((not (or (tag :expensive-test) (tag :unstable))) #f(co
  ert-run-tests-batch((not (or (tag :expensive-test) (tag :unstable)))
  ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit((not (or (tag :expensive-test) (tag :un
  eval((ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit '(not (or (tag :expensive-test) (
  command-line-1(("-L" ":." "-l" "ert" "-l" "lisp/filenotify-tests.el"
  command-line()
  normal-top-level()
Test file-notify-test03-events condition:
    (ert-test-failed
     ((should
       (string-prefix-p
	(file-notify--event-watched-file file-notify--test-event)
	(file-notify--event-file-name file-notify--test-event)))
      :form
      (string-prefix-p "/tmp/file-notify-testgqbQAt" "/tmp/signed-bad.elcBJAl1B")
      :value nil))
   FAILED  4/8  file-notify-test03-events
Reverting buffer `file-notify-testUYUt9m'.
Reverting buffer `file-notify-testUYUt9m'.
   passed  5/8  file-notify-test04-autorevert
   passed  6/8  file-notify-test05-file-validity
   passed  7/8  file-notify-test06-dir-validity
   passed  8/8  file-notify-test08-backup

Ran 8 tests, 7 results as expected, 1 unexpected (2018-01-09 20:04:04-0800)

1 unexpected results:
   FAILED  file-notify-test03-events