Subject: bug#30043: 25.3; C-M-e inserts euro character

From: Tomas Nordin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2019 20:21:54 +0200

Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> writes:

> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> > If it's the case that this change breaks M-C-e on all Swedish
>> > keyboards on MS-Windows
>>
>> I don't think this is the case.  C-M-e does in Emacs exactly what it
>> should do, it just doesn't do what it does in other applications,
>> i.e. insert the Euro symbol.  But why should C-M-e do that in Sweden,
>> when it doesn't do that in other locales?  It sounds like Emacs
>> behaves consistently here.
>
> I believe the problem here is that C-M-e inserts an Euro symbol, and
> the reporter wants it to run end-of-defun instead.

This is to the point correct and that was the case until emacs 25.
Others with Swedish keyboards on Windows should confirm or disconfirm
this strange behavior. Who knows, maybe there is something strange going
on on all Windows installations at my work place.