Subject: bug#30043: 25.3; C-M-e inserts euro character

From: Tomas Nordin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2018 21:22:39 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> From: Tomas Nordin <[email-masked]>
>> Cc: [email-masked]
>> Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2018 20:01:14 +0100
>> 
>> > So I guess you somehow have a keyboard which doesn't fit the new
>> > keyboard input code introduced by Emacs 25, and need to use this
>> > fallback variable to avoid the problem.
>> 
>> Does it mean that the new input code has no fault but the keyboard
>> probably has a problem?
>
> I don't think this is a problem, I think this is how your keyboard is
> supposed to work.  But since you don't like it, I mentioned the
> variable which can be used to get back the old Emacs 24 behavior, if
> that's what you want.

Yes, I do prefer to be able to call end-of-defun by a familiar
key-binding. If I test this on some other stations with other keyboards
with the same result, will that yield the same recommendation with
setting the fall-back variable?